Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wednesday Wine Night

Last night Jen and I hit up downtown for Seattle for some wine...and eventually dinner!  We started at the Tasting Room.
Flight of "stormy reds" 
The tasting room closed at 8, so after our flight we were on to stop #2. We decided to stop in at the White Horse Trading Co. 

This little hole in the wall is a true gem!! No food, no crazy cocktails, just good quality wine and beer. The atmosphere was very dark and cozy.  Bookcases lined the walls, stocked full of good books, and couches all around to sit on while you enjoy your book and wine. The owner (who was also the bartender) brought out his Great Dane to walk around once the bar started to clear out.  I wish I had gotten a picture, because the dog was about as big as Jen and I. 

Finally we were on to dinner- on our way we walked through bubblegum alley- 

lots of gum...

We decided to dine at ZigZag cafe

If you have a chance to go- order a Crying Bryan - its a mixture of champagne  and  st. germain. The drink isn't on the menu, but luckily Jen had the in and knew all about it.

I cant wait till the next girls night- I have a feeling Jen is going to open my eyes to all that Seattle has to offer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment