Friday, May 31, 2013

The day I got engaged

Day 31, Friday: A vivid memory

The day I got engaged

I can remember this day so perfectly! Not just the getting engaged part, but the whole day!

We were up at 4am in El Paso to catch a 6am flight back to Memphis for Courtney and Drews Couple shower. We were flying different airlines because chris and I were flying into Little Rock to see my parents before the shower.Chris and I were able to get our boarding passes before Court and Drew even made dent in their line. Chris thought we should wait for them, but being that it was now 430am, all i wanted was to get through security so i could get starbucks. Drew "needed to get gum" so he left courtney in line while walking with us to the sundries store before security. Little did I know, Drew had the ring and was going to keep in his bag through security, but bc I needed coffee Chris and Drew had to do a sneaky hand-off in the store. **Looking back now I feel really bad about needing that coffee so bad**

Luckily Chris got through security with no problems so I was still left in the dark. We had a quick stop in Dallas before heading to Little Rock, where we met a crazy lady on the plane names Jeannine. She told us her whole life story, she even walked down to baggage claim with us where she proceeded to meet my mom and give her a hug... 

Once we got the bags we headed for the lake house. We spent the whole day out on the boat. We even went and hiked up sugar loaf- all the while my mom video tapping just about our every move- something that sadly didn't sound any alarm with me.

Once we got back to the cabin, Chris suggested we get changed into something nice and sit by the fire on the patio and watch the sunset. Well... my definition of nice at the lake is nike shorts, t-shirt, and wet hair. 

With a margarita in hand, we all headed out to the patio. One by one my mom, dad and sister slowly made their way inside until it was just Chris and I.

The exact words he said are a little fuzzy, probably because as soon as I realized what was happening I was crying. He got down on one knee, opened a box to the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and asked me to be his wife :) My mom, dad, and sister all watching from inside.

On cloud 9, I was given a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from him and a bag of goodies from my bestie, Ashlee. We called  our family and friends to tell them the big news, then continued the celebrations with margaritas, tacos and Bourbon slushes.  We stayed up till close to 1am just laughing and chatting around the dinner table with my family.

It was truly an amazing day that I will always remember
right after :)

recreating a few days later

No comments:

Post a Comment