Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Working Out Wednesday

I've been slacking big time on my workouts, so to help start keeping me accountable I thought Wednesdays blog posts will be based around fitness!

Back when I was living at home while Chris was deployed, my mom and I would go to the gym every morning. We loved the classes lifetime fitness had to offer. For me, an hour in a FIT class or pilates was much more enjoyable then just 30 minutes on the treadmill. When Chris got back and I wasnt working, it was nice to enjoy my morning coffee before hitting the gym... I even found out I could run for a solid 30 minutes on the treadmill (which for me was something to brag about). BUT I didnt earn a college degree for nothing and now being back in the working world has taken a toll on my motivation to hit the gym. The first few weeks I kept telling myself I would go after work, but come 3pm I was exhausted and it was clear the gym was not in my future. The only other option.. morning workouts. Now I know I have little room to complain about a 615am wake up call when my sweet husband is out of the house and by 515am every morning for PT, but the thought of an extra hour of sleep somehow seems to always win me over.

TIME FOR THINGS TO CHANGE! Last week I managed to make it Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning! Each morning I tried to do about 20 minutes of cardio followed by 30-40 minutes of legs/arms/butt/and abs. The benefits of these morning workouts were phenominal. I felt much more energetic throughout the day, my attitude was more positive, and so was my self image.

Starting this next week i was determined to keep it up... but when I passed on workouts both saturday and sunday... monday and tuesday morning the though of sleep got the best of me. This morning as bad as I wanted to just sleep in, I got up and faced the gym head on. It felt GREAT!

Hopefully this weekly post can help motivate me to keep it up while sharing some of my favorite pintrest finds!

This week my newest craze is this GNC summer series: Lean Leg workout. The workout comes from theblondeponytail.com and its amazing. Be sure you really keep track of your time and limit the breaks between each exercise to just 10 seconds!





Love yall! xo.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are going through with slacking on workouts....I set my alarm for 4:30am every morning to get in a workout before work, well, lately I have been pressing the snooze button until I have totally missed my workout window.

    ReplyDelete