Monday, July 16, 2012

Crafts

So recently I was inspired by Pintrest and Sydni O'brein to get out my craft box and start letting the creative juices flow. Now while Sydni has tackled some large scale DIY projects which you can check out at http://birminghambelleblog.wordpress.com/, I decided to start small with just some picture frames!

The first I found on pintrest, http://pinterest.com/pin/49117452156655292/.
 I started buy purchasing just plain wood plaques. The small ones were only $2.33 ea and the large $2.99

Simply paint with 2 coats of whatever color your heart desires and let dry



Once dry, center a photo on the plaque and simply cover with mod podge. It will dry clear.



Once they are finished you can either stand them up with a stand or screw a picture hanger to the back and hang!

I'm still waiting on a few more pictures to come in to finish. Once I get them up on the wall i will post the finished product. All in all each cost me about $4.  It would make a great and unique thank you gift!


As I was getting ready to check out, i saw this basic wood frame for $3. I instantly added it to my bag and headed to find things to spiff it up.

I started with coat of purple paint

I found an S near the sticker section for $1

I simply painted the S and hot glued it to the frame.

Super simple, very inexpensive and so much to do!

Hope you enjoyed. Love yall. xo.




2 comments:

  1. Love it girl! Where did you get all the supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out GIRLFRIEND!!! You are the best!! Love your frames. They are super presh!!

    ReplyDelete