Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quick Chicago Weekend

This past weekend I met Chris in Chicago for a quick weekend trip. And I mean really quick, I was only in town a total of 41 hours. Chris had been in Boston the week prior and flew straight to Chicago for Digestive Disease Week. I decided there was no better time to use up some airlines to experience a new city with my hubs. 

**Note- I have many other pics on my computer but naturally I've been too lazy to download so here's what I had on my phone**

Saturday we spend the morning walking around and exploring downtown Chicago. We stopped by Elephant and Castle for lunch before heading down to Navy Pier to take in some breathtaking views of the city and lake. Afterwards, as we continued exploring, we stopped for an afternoon drink at Sweetwater Tavern (unfortunately they did not serve sweetwater beer like i was hoping for).
Touring the City
Afterwards, Chris had to head off to the conference so I decided to head back to Michigan Ave for some shopping! 
That night, Chris was hosting a cocktail reception for some doctors and nurses from the PNW who were in town for the conference at III Forks. The appetizers were so delicious and I met some really wonderful people- of course there were times I could only understand every other word when they started talking in endoscopy terms. We ended up closing the place down so afterwards we did the only thing we though was acceptable being in Chicago- ordered a deep dish pizza to be delivered to the hotel!

View from Dinner
Sunday morning we met Mary Catherine, Adam, and Hayden at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. It was AMAZING. Brunch was a set price, with a starter and dessert buffet, but you could order more than 1 entree (so of course I did). It was SO good to see the Patenaude's. Mary and I have been friends since 5th grade and I'm so blessed we are still close. She has the most precious family which is getting ready to grow. 

view from our table

seriously, so good.

Chris had to head back to the conference after brunch, so I headed out to do some more shopping with the Patenaude's before heading to O'Hare.

It may have been a short trip, but there was nothing better than getting to spend some quality time with Chris and Mary Catherine! 

Off to Vegas tomorrow- pray for me :)xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment