Thursday, January 23, 2014

I never thought I'd say this...

I honestly never thought that I would say this... and Mom, you are probably about to be shocked-- but I love brussel sprouts! I never at them growing up. Honestly my first time to ever have one was  just 2 months ago. Now, I eat them on a weekly basis!

I found this recipe (on pintrest of course) and decided to give it a whirl! The flavor combination is so delicious. The first time I made it, I added spicy chicken sausage. Last week, I decided to add some sweet potatoes. Both just added so much more to the flavor profile.

recipe inspiration here

Ingredients
  • 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, stems cut and sprouts halved.
  • 1 medium red onion, halved and quartered
  • 1 Organic Gala Apple. Cored and cut into 15-20 slices
  • 7 cloves whole garlic, peeled
  • 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 tsp coarse sea salt
  • **dont hesitate to add anything else you may have in the kitchen you think would add more flavor**
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400ยบ
  2. Toss all ingredients with olive oil in bowl and lay flat on cookie tray. Use two trays if needed.
  3. Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes turning once halfway through cooking
  4. Remove from oven and discard thyme crumbling some of the leaves into the vegetable mix.

Hope yall enjoy! xoxo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment