Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's almost like we are back in Germany

Last year, Chris and I were lucky enough to spend New Years Eve in Germany with the Stramara's and Dr. Tom. While walking around the streets of Heidelberg, I had my first taste of Gluhwein. Gluhwein is a spiced, mulled red wine that you drink hot. It definitely helped to warm me up as we walked around the town.

Chris and I in the Christmas market in Heidelbeg

It was also a staple for when NYE, as we watched/lit fireworks from a nearby castle.
ringing in 2012

We fell in love with so many different types of food/drinks while over there, and everytime we try to find something comparable here, it never quite hits the mark. Well, imagine my excitement when walking through my local grocery store I found a bottle of Gluhwein!!! Last night, Chris, Dr. Tom, and I heated up a bottle, and it was just like we were back walking the cold cobble stone streets in Germany. 

using my cup I got from Heidelberg
If you happen to see a bottle in your grocery/liquor store, I strongly suggest giving it a try!!! Simply heat it up on your stovetop and enjoy. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Love yall.


No comments:

Post a Comment